SOMALI MEAT COMPNAY (SOMEAT)
Privately owned by the cluster of leading meat exporters
CALL FOR JOB APPLICATION: CEO POSITION
Type of Appointment: Regular SOMEAT Position
Type of Contract: Performance Based Contract
Duty Station: Main Office in Mogadishu
Expected Start Date: August 2019
SOMEAT Company is inviting applicants for the position of CEO (Chief Executive Officer) for the operation and management of the Company. The candidates who are interested to apply for this position must be dynamic and capable for leading the company in driving to a successful business, especially Meat Processing Industry involving in abattoir.
Candidates with relevant qualification, skills and experience with Islamic ethical behavior should apply for this position.
SOMEAT was established in 1995 by a group of business minded persons who invested these Slaughterhouses and named Mubarak (1) & Mogadishu Slaughterhouses in-order to meliorate and precede their meat production to supply both locally and international markets.
In order to foster the production of the company and standardize its global market services SOMEAT is seeking an experienced chief executive officer to lead the Company to achieve its goal.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
1. Job Title
Chief Executive Officer
2. Assignment Location
Mogadishu, Somali Meat Company (HQ)
3. Reporting To
The Board of Management, Somali Meat Company (SOMEAT Co.)
4. Supervisory Responsibilities
All Other Subordinate Directors
5. Job Purpose
The job holder is responsible for provision of strategic and visionary leadership and day-to- day running of the business operations. She/he is also responsible in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic business plans as
approved by the Board.
6. Key Responsibilities
· Provide strategic direction and leadership in business growth and customer service in line with the corporate business plan and strategy;
· Oversee implementation of corporate plans and strategies based on the company business philosophy, mission, vision and core values;
· Provide prudent financial management and investment undertakings by ensuring that sound policies and practices are adopted for optimal utilization and returns;
· Oversee execution of management and financial accounting roles and ensure ICT is leveraged in support of operational effectiveness.
· Oversee lean, safe and effective operations of SOMEAT’s assets, ensuring embedment of best operational practices across the business value chain.
· Setting agreed performance targets and budgets to ensure the efficiency and profitability of the Business.
· Engaging Senior Management and all employees in the business planning process ensuring the linkage of objectives at the organization, team and individual levels.
· Regularly providing management information reports on progress towards the achievement of objectives and targets as agreed by the Board, including recommendations for corrective action when necessary.
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field
· Both local and international university certificates are acceptable
· Any other complementary documents will be added advantage
· Minimum 7 years of experience with at least 4 years in Senior level experience of successful management within a branding, marketing and communications environment
9. Skills Mix Requirement
· Have the ability to manage staff including the ability to inspire and lead within the ethical values and culture of the company.
· Have Strong financial and commercial acumen, including experience of setting and managing budgets with focus to cost control and profitability.
· Have the ability to manage work production, resolve problems and overcome obstacles.
· Experience of developing systems and procedures to ensure work is delivered with quality standards and specification.
· Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and build effective relationships with both existing and potential customers.
· Competent in computer skills and technology applications.
· Have Excellency in interpersonal skills and leadership capacity
· Able to provide change management
· Able to Display an intelligent awareness of the political environment
· Fluent in oral and written English, Arabic and Somali languages
10. Desirable Criteria
· Proven track record in production management and strategic business development.
· Experience of working with livestock and meat industry.
· Familiar with Horn of Africa and Asia Meat Markets
· Age range between 35 to 47 years
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience are invited to submit their applications along with the filled application form to the following addresses:
· In print to : HR-Office at SOMEAT Company- Bakaro market 2nd street or call: +252615564340 / +252615800960
· Through E-MAIL to: email@example.com
The Deadline For The Application is 23 July, 2019 at 15:00 pm
Mogadishu Local Time
Note : The application to submit should be :
1. Cover letter & CV
2. The application form which is to be filled in
SOURCE: CEO (Chief Executive Officer)