|Title:||Field Officer (3 Positions)|
|Direct Supervisor:||Field Coordinator|
|Duration:||One year, (Renewable)|
|Starting Date :||July 10,2018|
- Background information
The Center for Research and Dialogue is an independent not-for-profit organization aiming to promote social, economic, and political rebuilding of Somalia. The Center is committed to promoting consensus decision-making at the policy and community level by encouraging and supporting the participation of citizens in the affairs affecting their lives. The goal of CRD is to empower Somali communities’ transition to peaceful change by providing them with a neutral venue to identify their issues, set priorities, and develop inclusive and sustainable outcomes.
CRD in partnership with FCA is implementing a project of “Supporting Interim Administrations through the formation of efficient, active and inclusive District Authorities.
The project’s Overall objective is to contribute to strengthened stability in the emerging Federal Member States.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- The position of Field Officer is responsible for the implementation of the of the district administration formation process activities in all its stages at the district level.
- The position requires a complete understanding of all the activities involved in the district administration formation process in accordance to the relevant weekly and monthly activity and work plans.
- The Field Officer is responsible for liaising with existing authorities at the district, regional and federal state levels for the purpose of organization and implementation of the activities related to the District Administration Formation process.
- The field officer is expected to engage with the Traditional Elders, CSO, existing local, regional, state authorities and other key public institutions for the purpose of the District Administration Formation process.
- The field officer will be responsible for arranging and organizing meetings – make sure all agreed participants are informed, arranging the venues and related services, preparing stationery.
- The field Officers shall take the attendance of the participants of meetings; shall prepare all other necessary documentation and paperwork and provide it to the Finance & Admin Officer, and to the Liaison officer and Programmes Coordinator if requested to do so.
- The field officer will cooperate with the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit.
- The field officer shall keep record of all the activities and report to Programmes Coordinator.
- The field officer shall liaise and coordinate the implementation of the activities with the Liaison Officer and the Programmes Coordinator.
- The Field Officer is responsible for the preparation of a narrative report after the completion of each activity and a monthly activity report.
- Provide accurate monthly progress reports,
- Ability to work with a wide cross-section of partners including Government, NGOs and community-based organizations.
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internet, PP, database packages etc.;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness;
- A team player and self-starter able to inspire and influence action.
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, resourceful and energetic approach to problem solving;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The Field Officer shall undertake any other assignment/ duty as instructed by the Liaison Officer and Programmes Coordinator.
|IV. Required Skills and Experience|
· Bachelor Degree in Social Science or extensive and equivalent related experience.
· 3 years of relevant experience working in a district setting.
· Prior experience in similar post-conflict context is an advantage;
· Proven track record and experience in reporting and communicating results.
· Sound judgment with proven ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with a subject title “Field Officer” to email@example.com by the 26th of June 2018 at 5:00 pm local time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged.