Publication date: 9/6/2018.
Closing date: 24 /6/2018
Make a difference, where it really counts
Fishery station Manager
Location: Lasqorey in Somaliland
DURATION: 6 months with possibility of an extension
Background and General Information:
FairFishing is an INGO that will implement a project on private sector institutional capacity building and strengthening in Somaliland funded by the European Union from 2016 – 2018. The overall objective is to ensure the artisanal fisheries population in Somaliland have enhanced livelihoods, food security and nutrition through improved and effective private sector management of the fishery. The purpose of the project is also to strengthen the capacity of the private sector to maximize and manage marine resources.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize the work at FF’s station in Lasqorey showing leadership and overview.
- Report results administratively, financially and strategically to the national coordinator and FF’s Regional program managerin accordance with agreements.
- Report the daily activities of the station, the production of ice, receive of fish, consumption of electricity and water to the accountant and the national coordinator on daily basis.
- Keep in touch with, inform and negotiate with relevant partners for the best use of the station.
- Keep the partners satisfaction, come up with debt policy and collects the service charges from the partners.
- Be responsible for proactive press-strategy of the station.
- Additional tasks may occur out that the practical development of the station.
Professional Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Fisheries, value chain and fishery station Management (i.e. BS – management, BBA – Fisheries Management)
- Minimum two (02) years relevant experience
- Experience in fishery in Lasqorey or Sanag region is highly appreciated.
- Expanded knowledge of fish, fish processing and local fishing knowledge is highly appreciated.
- The station manager must have basic computer skills i.e. Office application
- The fishery station manager must have the ability to prioritize, take the initiative and implement decisions professionally in order to achieve the agreed objectives.
- The fishery station manager must have the ability to communicate effectively both in speaking and writing in Somali. English language skills are desired.
- The fishery station manager must be a team player in the project based on values as confidence and cooperation.
- The fishery station manager must be committed to the vision, mission, and values of FairFishing
- Skills of having local knowledge to relevant stakeholders in the region of Sanaag extra benefit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants have to send their proposals and CVs to email@example.com not later than 12:00PM 24thof June 2018; Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FairFishing is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within the organization.
READ MORE : Fishery station Manager