Country: Puntland, Somalia
Publication date: 9/6/2018
Closing date: 24 /6/2018
Make a difference, where it really counts
Fishery Station Technician
Location: Garacad in Puntland
DURATION: 6 months with possibility of an extension
Background and General Information:
FairFishing is an INGO that will implement a project on private sector institutional capacity building and strengthening in Puntland and Somaliland funded by the European Union from 2016 – 2018. The overall objective is to ensure the artisanal fisheries population in Puntland and Somaliland have enhanced livelihoods, food security and nutrition through improved and effective private sector management of the fish. The purpose of the project is also to strengthen the capacity of the private sector to maximize and manage marine resources.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take the responsibilities of the machineries (ice machines, generators and cold stores) at FF’s FisheryStation inGaracad and make all the mechanical and maintenance.
- Control and maintain machinery equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, motive powers, condensers, feed with water to coolers, filters, and chlorinators, to supply water, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power.
- Note down any repairs, faults and changes of the equipment and appliance in the logbook of the machineries.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints; report any needs for major repairs.
- Report results to the Fishery Station manager and the national coordinator in accordance with agreements.
- Report the daily consumptions of electricity and water for the FisheryStation activities to the Stationmanager and assist the production of ice by working very close with the Stationmanager.
- Keep in touch with, inform and consult with the Station manager on daily basis for the best production of ice.
- Keep the cleanness, order and the neatness of all the tools in the mechanical workshop for maintaining and repairing of the machineries.
- Be responsible for proactive press of faults and malfunctions of the machineries and its appliance.
- Additional tasks may occur out that the mechanical work of the machineries.
Professional Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor diploma in cooling systems, mechanics and electricity.
- Minimum four (04) years relevant experience.
- Experience in Fishery in Garacador Mudug region is highly appreciated.
- Expanded knowledge of generators, cold storages and ice machines in local Fisheries knowledge is highly appreciated.
- The FisheryStation Technician must have the ability to prioritize, take the initiative and implement decisions professionally in order to achieve the agreed objectives.
- The technician must have the ability to read and use the manuals to troubleshoot the machinery.
- The FisheryStation Technician must have the ability to communicate effectively both in speaking and writing in Somali. English language skills are desired.
- The FisheryStation Technician must be a team player in the project based on values as confidence and cooperation.
- The FisheryStation Technician must be committed to the vision, mission, and values of FairFishing.
How to apply:
Interested applicants have to send their proposals and CVs to fairfishing.Puntland@gmail.com not later than 12:00PM 24th of June 2018; Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FairFishing is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within the organization.
READ MORE : Fishery Station Technician