DBI JOB ADVERT
Dahabshil Bank International (DBI) is a young bank operating under Sharia Principles and licensed by the Central Banks of Somalia and Somaliland. The bank’s primary markets are in Somalia and Somaliland with its headquarters in Hargeisa, Somaliland. It combines world-class technology driven products and services with highest ethical standards of Sharia banking to offer cutting edge financial and banking services to its diverse customers ranging from the public sector international organizations, corporations, and a growing MSME, sector. The bank is desirous to set up a fully-fledged internal audit department, which will ensure the bank’s internal controls risk management and governance processes are operating effectively.
HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT
BOARD AUDIT COMMITTEE (BAC)
SUMMARY OF THE
The position of Head of Internal Audit is critical to the effective management of any
institution. An internal auditor is expected to provide an independent guarantee that
an organization’s risk management, governance and control processes are operating
effectively. Core to the auditor’s work is to ensure that any issues that affect the
survival and prosperity of the business are dealt with effectively.
The Internal Auditor will work within the businesses and organization to monitor and
evaluate how well risks are being managed, how business is running and if internal
processes are working. Auditing also includes a consulting service, advising
management on how to improve their systems and processes. The Head of Audit will
have responsibility for Internal Audit, reporting functionally to the bank’s Board Audit
Committee and administratively to the Bank’s Chief Executive Officer.
· Overall responsibility for the Audit department and oversee the audit function.
Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the Bank and its
· Ensure the Bank is compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards
(IFRS), local and Central Bank Regulations.
· Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the
internal audit program.
· Keeping abreast with new laws, rules, technologies and applications, Monitor the
business activities of the Bank to identify any changes in risk profiles or
deterioration in control environment and updating audit risk assessment and plans
to align with emerging risks/control issues.
· Follow up on outstanding issues from previous audits (internal, external audit and
the central bank inspection) to closure by management. Report on long
outstanding audit issues to the board audit committee.
· Meet with the Audit Committee periodically to review and discuss audit findings
and other related matters as necessary and the timely delivery of high quality,
value adding assurance and audit reports of the Bank to the Bank’s Board Audit.
· The role will also involve participation in audits outside the head office Hargeisa
and travel is therefore required.
· ThThe successful applicant :
· Must be well versed with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Must have minimum 7-8 years’ experience in a senior management position in a
bank preferably of similar size and complexity, 5 of which must be in audit
position. Audit experience in the local environment will be an added advantage.
· Must have thorough knowledge of banking-based audit is a pre requisite.
· Must have advanced communication skills and fluency in English. Proficiency in
Somali is an added advantage.
· Must have demonstrable investigation and probing skills.
· Must have knowledge of relevant local, international and regulatory laws.
· Broad knowledge of banking industry and operations, especially in Sharia
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics or Business.
· Professional qualifications such as CPA/ACCA with CIA. CISA will be an added
· Post graduate qualification in Islamic Finance will be an added advantage
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
● Ability to meet deadlines and work in a demanding environment.
● Critical thinking and attention to details when scrutinizing documents.
● Excellent interpersonal management and organizational skills.
● Appropriate leadership and have the necessary skills to fulfil his or her
responsibility for maintaining the function’s independence and objectivity.
Good presentation skills.
● Team player who works well in a small and dynamic team.
● Strong analytical skills and able to assess risk and have the ability to judge
outcomes and make an impact at the highest level of the organization.
● Diligent, Discreet and Confidential
● Have a hands-on attitude and approach.
The candidate must be a person of high integrity and moral character
● A focused person with exposure to international environment.
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on 15th January 2020.
SOURCE: HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT – Hargeisa