ADO—Agriculture Development Organization
HR and Procurement Officer
ADMIN & HR Manager
Background on ADO
Agriculture Development Organization (ADO) is a non-governmental, non-profit seeking organization that endeavors to promote agricultural sector, farmers’ capacity and environmental protection and conservation in order to empower and improve livelihood conditions of the agro-pastoral communities in Somaliland through rights-based approach. ADO envisages a productive and self-reliant society living in healthy environment where citizens have good quality of life and equal access to national resources.
ADO is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the HR and Procurement Officer position based in Hargeisa.
II. Position Profile
To perform Human Resource and administrative management for ADO as outlined by the ADO’S governing laws, the ADO specific policies and your line manager’s guidance.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Onboarding processes
· Drafting of vacancy adverts and sending them to the ADMIN/HR Manager for review when requested.
· Send out invitations to short-listed candidates and communicate to the unsuccessful candidates.
· Facilitate interview processes by preparing interview packages and ensuring reservation of interview rooms. Facilitate vetting of candidates after offer is made Support onboarding processes for new staff
HR (Payroll) Benefits
· On monthly basis, to prepare/update (as applicable) and submit to the ADMIN/HR Manager for review on 20th of every month.
· Ensure statutory deductions calculations match the formulas of the respective statutory body.
· Ensure the smooth operation of employee payment; explain and implement employees’ benefits packages as applicable.
· Pay slip management- Ensure all pays lips are printed and approved. Follow up with the Finance/Admin Officers at the base and ensure that they are signed by the staff and filed on monthly basis.
· Review the monthly Expat presence table and ensure that it is sent to ADMIN/HR Manager by 08th of every month.
Staff Information management.
· Regularly update and maintain accurate excel database and staff-Share the same with ADMIN/HR Manager at the end of each month.
Contracts and ToRs.
· Under the guidance of ADMIN/HR Manager, draft employment contracts for new staff for review. Ensure the contracts are reviewed, approved and handed to staff before they are engaged.
· Liaise directly with the respective managers for comprehensive ToRs and ensure all staff have updated ToRs in place.
· Follow up and aware the respective manager, AHRM &CFM for the end of contracts a month in advance in order to advise renewal accordingly.
· Leave follow up, Leave planning and public holidays.
Regularly update and maintain leave follow ups and leave planning for all the staff.
Prepare a list of public holidays and Keep all staff informed of public holidays in the respective bases.
Employee Files Documentation/ Records Management and document tracking.
· In charge of filling all document tracking from the field.
· Open new files for new staff and ensure that all the required recruitment and onboarding documentation has been filed.
· Ensure field employee files are consistently updated upon hire and conduct monthly monitoring of employee files to verify that relevant onboarding documents, contract documentation, policy forms, performance management documents, staff training forms, leave requests, timesheets, pay slips, etc documents are filed for all staff.
· Maintain a control and check system of the attendance all staff and ensure updated Leave
· Follow Up and the attendance sheets are collected from the field and kept filling
· Ensure separation documents are appropriately filed for all staff
· Send a monthly Audit checklist report to the Admin/HR Manager for all national employees.
· Distributing and signing contract documents to field staff.
· Ensure that each staff has their own personnel folder, updated regularly with the HR documents (contracts, ToRs, Appraisals, ADO Letters, Payslips, Attendance sheets, Leave requests, CV, Cover letter, interview records, academic certificates, Reference checks, next of kin details, medical certificate etc. and confidentially maintain them.
· Collect the HR matters raised by the field teams on Weekly Area Meetings (WAM) and share them to the HRM on a timely manner, for his/her feedback.
Coordinate Admin/HR meetings/activities
· Facilitate staff general meetings and other meetings initiated by Admin/HR by sending out meeting requests and reminders to staff
· Take notes during staff meetings, Admin/HR team meetings & other meetings as may be requested by the Admin/HR Manager
IV. Qualifications/Skills Required
· Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
· A minimum of three years relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGOs.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Fluency in English language and Somali language.
HOW TO APPLY:
V. Application Procedure:
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com and received on or before 27th February 2019 with the subject line “HR and PROCUREMENT OFFICER—HARGEISA.
Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOURCE: HR and Procurement Officer