|Title:||Liaison Officer (1 Positions)|
|Direct Supervisor:||Field Coordinator|
|Duty station:||Mogadishu – Somalia|
|Duration:||One year, (Renewable)|
|Starting Date :||July 10,2018|
- Background information
The Center for Research and Dialogue is an independent not-for-profit organization aiming to promote social, economic, and political rebuilding of Somalia. The Center is committed to promoting consensus decision-making at the policy and community level by encouraging and supporting the participation of citizens in the affairs affecting their lives. The goal of CRD is to empower Somali communities’ transition to peaceful change by providing them with a neutral venue to identify their issues, set priorities, and develop inclusive and sustainable outcomes.
CRD in partnership with FCA is implementing a project of “Supporting Interim Administrations through the formation of efficient, active and inclusive District Authorities.
The project’s Overall objective is to contribute to strengthened stability in the emerging Federal Member States.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- The CRD Liaison Officer is responsible for liaising with existing authorities at the district, regional and federal state levels for the purpose of organization and implementation of the activities related to the District Administration Formation process.
- The Liaison officer is expected to engage with the Traditional Elders, CSO, existing local, regional, state authorities and other key public institutions for the purpose of the District Administration Formation process.
- The Liaison Officer will be responsible for arranging and organizing meetings – make sure all agreed participants are informed, arranging the venues and related services, preparing stationery, arrange for publicity as needed under the instruction of the CRD Programmes Coordinator.
- The Liaison Officers shall take the attendance of the participants of meetings; shall prepare all other necessary documentation and paperwork and provide it to the Finance Department of CRD, and to the Programmes Coordinator if requested to do so.
- The Liaison officer will cooperate with the Monitoring & Evaluation Unit.
- The Liaison officer shall act under the authority of CRD Field Coordinator to coordinate and control activities in the field.
- The Liaison officer shall facilitate the communication between the consortium and the administration at the state level.
- The Liaison officer is expected to have an up-to-date knowledge of how activities are happening in the field and should report daily, weekly and monthly to Field Coordinator.
- The Liaison officer shall support strategic partnership by providing top-quality advice, facilitating effective knowledge management, and providing technical assistance to project planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting in any collaboration.
|IV. Required Skills and Experience|
· Bachelor Degree in Social Science or extensive and equivalent related experience.
· 3 years of relevant experience working in a district setting.
· Prior experience in similar post-conflict context is an advantage;
· Proven track record and experience in reporting and communicating results.
· Sound judgment with proven ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with a subject title “Liaison Officer” to email@example.com by the 26th of June 2018 at 5:00 pm local time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged.