Positions: Nutrition Screener
Duty Station: Kismayo clinic and MHT
Reports to: Head Nurse
Number of Positions: 2
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Nutrition Screener.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position:
· To ensure that you take correctly the anthropometric measurement such as; MUAC, Weight Height, Z-Score and Oedema
To ensure that you perform prioritizing approach to the beneficiaries those are at the triage so as to identify the severe ones and get the service first
To ensure that you prepare and organise your relevant work place of the triage
To be aware of that the equipment of the measurement be a good and working condition
To perform tally sheet at the triage point to tally each and every child and mothers arrived and served to
· To organize and arrange the screening area in a suitable manner of lined and sitting positions so as to get every client a time to serve
To attend training as requested
To attend team meetings on a regular basis
· To take part in nutrition surveys and mass screening assessments quarterly and as required
· Auxiliary nurse or any other relevant profession and experience
· Good communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
· Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
· Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
· Fluency in written and speaking mother language and some English
· Previous experience of working such this field.
· Experience of emergency nutrition work (ideally measurement or screening)
Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in the subject of nutritional assessment and support
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.V with cover letter, copy of their certificates and 3 professional references to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 3rd April 2019
SOURCE: Nutrition Screener