Partnerships and Compliance Specialist
Employment category:Grade 3 Step 1
Reporting to:Grants and Compliance Manager
Direct reports: None
Unit/department:Program Development and Quality Unit
Location:Mogadishu (with frequent travel to DRC’s offices across Somalia).
Advert number: DRC2018/061
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Somalia Program is seeking for Partnerships and Compliance Specialist,a Somali national who will be based in Mogadishu.The Partnerships and Compliance Specialist will be responsible for establishing and managing effective working relationships with DRC/DDG core sub-grantees in Somalia, government, consortia, academic institutions and private sector. In consultation with the Grants and Compliance Manager, he/she will ensure implementation of DRC’s Partnership Policy and donors Rules & Regulations. He/She will facilitate partners’/sub-grantees institutional capacity building and strengthening and ensure compliance with contractual obligations. This position will ensure that DRC operations are in Somalia comply with DRC internal policies as well as Donor rules and regulations.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
· Coordinate transparent negotiations with the selected partner to determine mutual rules of engagement governing the partnership; methods for achieving project success; how to ensure accountability and learning; and measures for strengthening capacity.
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for engagement with core sub-grantees in Somalia, government, consortia, academic institutions and private sector.
· Facilitate/conduct start-up workshops with relevant staff from the partner to ensure induction in critical compliance requirements as well as introduction to the relevant donor’s profile and requirements.
· Conduct periodic follow-up workshops on critical compliance requirements with implementing partners.
· Support organizational capacity assessments for sub-grantees and other partners.
· Prepare partner sub-agreements and sub-grant agreements in line with DRC Partnership Policy.
· Assist in strengthening the capacity of local partners by supporting trainings and providing follow-up support in report writing, sub-grants procedures, M&E and other topics as needed.
· As DRC/DDG Somalia main point of contact for sub-grants management, maintain communication and relationships with local and international partners, ensuring that partners are effectively involved in the project and that the project partners’ feedback is channeled back to DRC/DDG management.
· Provide day-to-day administration of sub-grants, including tracking budgets, payments, compliance, modifications and reporting, and alert the Grants and Compliance Manager regarding any performance or financial reporting issues.
· Support the Program Team to monitor the programmatic progress and capacity of sub-grants against the sub-grant agreements and work plans.
· Conduct period reviews/visits to sub-grantees to ensure technical, financial, and administrative compliance with the specific Donor rules and DRC partnership policy.
· With support from the M&E team, support programmatic reporting for partners ensuring all procedures are followed.
· Liaise with finance and program staff for partner-related information or financial issues.
· Oversee partners’ programmatic and financial reporting, ensuring that quality reports are submitted in a timely manner.
· Monitor and evaluate the quality of sub-grantees’ reporting and provide training on reporting procedures and mechanisms, to ensure improvement and impact.
· File and achieve all sub grants liquidations and supporting documents according to the sub grants files and labeling formats.
· Share and update database of implementing partners on a monthly basis.
· Share monthly updates/reports on respective partners with Grants and Compliance Manager.
· Carry out regular internal reviews to all DRC Somalia offices in order to verify the existence and proper filing of all necessary supporting documents and to ensure that DRC and donor guidelines are implemented and followed.
· While using the findings of the internal reviews, develop recommendations and action points to improve on gaps identified.
· Maintain a recommendation tracker and conduct follow-up checks on the degree of implementation of previously developed action points, by ensuring timely reminders and following up with managements for the implementation of the recommended actions.
· Prepare reports and present findings of each compliance review and disseminate these to the relevant Programmatic and Managerial staff.
· In liaison with the Grants and Compliance Manager and based on the findings of the checks, advise on the harmonization and consistency of tools and processes regarding adherence to DRC and Donor requirements.
· Ensure that an appropriate and functional filing system for both hard- and softcopies is in place in all DRC/DDG officers in Somalia.
· Support internal and external audits by liaising with relevant finance and program staff.
Required Qualification and Experiences
· Minimum three years’ professional experience in sub-grants management, partnerships, and/or capacity building of local partners. Additional experience in project management would be an advantage.
· Experience working in donor projects especially on grants management and in conducting compliance reviews.
· Knowledge of and experience working with local partners in Somalia especially local NGOs.
· Experience in organization development, particularly in the NGO sector, preferred
· At least 3 years’ relevant experience with an international NGO in grant accounting.
· Proven experience working with the major donors including Danida, USAID, DFID, EC, etc.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· A pro-active person who is able to work independently and who is at the same time a good team-player
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Proven commitment to accountable practices
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Advanced MS Excel and Word
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: September, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to drcjobs@DRCSOMALIA.ORGwiththe subject heading “Partnerships and Compliance Specialist” not later thanThursday26th July 2018 @04:30 PM EAT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)
READ MORE FROM THE SOURCE: Partnerships and Compliance Specialist