Position title: Rehabilitation Center Nurse
Place of performance: Kismayo, Somalia
Apply by: 17/11/2019
Start date: 01/12/2019
Duration :up to 3 months (@21.75days/month)
Bachelor’s degree in OR a Diploma in Nursing/Clinical Medicine from recognized Institution/University..
Sector experience Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Medical experience and/or minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience.
Geographical experience Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Language Fluency in Somali (essential) and English (desirable).
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The Ministry of Internal Securities of Jubaland & South West States & IOM are seeking to recruit an experienced female Clinical Nurse to provide healthcare services to beneficiaries at the Rehabilitation Center for Vulnerable Youth (Female) in Baidoa & Kismayo.
The Nurse will be responsible for establishing & running of a rehabilitation center medical clinic that provides preventive, curative & promotive health services to the beneficiaries. She will directly be supervised by both the Jubaland & South West Ministry of Internal Securities & Transition Center staff with technical support from IOM’s Migration Health Division (MHD). Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored & evaluated by both the Jubaland & South West Ministry of Internal Securities & IOM. IOM will undertake contracting obligations & remuneration.
This is a full time positions, based in the Female Rehabilitation Centers in Baidoa & Kismayo. The specific tasks include:
Provide health screening to beneficiaries upon their entry into program, as well as on a regular basis during their stay at the Transition Center.
Provide medical treatment & referrals of complicated cases.
Establish patient care goals, teach & counsel patients & reinforce their understanding of disease, medications & self care skills, answers questions.
Conduct regular health & hygiene awareness sessions with beneficiaries at the center.
Maintain a safe & clean working environment at all times.
Adhere to infection control policies & protocols, medication administration & storage procedures & controlled substance regulations at all times.
Assist in keeping track of medical supplies & drugs, checking expiration dates & in ensuring & verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
Report the key epidemiological data every week in a timely manner.
Collate, analyse & generate relevant data & submit reports as required.
This role reports to the Rehabilitation Center Manager.
Key competencies Education:
– Diploma/Degree in Nursing/Clinical Medicine from recognized Institution/University.
– Should hold valid practice license from the relevant authority.
– High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical practice in Somalia &/or Somali population.
– Experience in working in public health in Somalia &/or Somali population.
– Experience in working with the Ministry of Health, an asset.
– Experience in working in international organizations, an asset.
– Fluent in Somali with working knowledge of English.
– Accountability: Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
– Client orientation: Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
– Continuous learning: Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
– Communication: Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
– Creativity & initiative: Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
– Leadership & negotiation: Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
– Performance management: Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
– Planning & organizing: Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
– Professionalism: Displays mastery of subject matter.
– Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment.
– Technological awareness: Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
Female candidates will be given first priority.
This role is posted on 6.11.2019 & will be advertised till 17.11.2019.
APPLY NOW: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a111o00000RbXmc
SOURCE: Rehabilitation Center Nurse