Supply Chain Team Leader
Employment category:Grade 4 step 1
Reporting to:Area Operations Coordinator
Direct reports:Procurement and Logistic officers
Location:Hargeisa with frequent travel to field offices
Authorization level:As per IDRA authority
Advert number: DRC2018/062
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somaliland since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Supply Chain Team Leader (SCTL) will Provide support to the programe by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of procurement, logistics, fleet, warehousing and asset management activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
· Ensure timely transmission of logistics monitoring information, stock levels and distribution status to the Area operations coordinator and Country Logistics and Procurement Coordinator
· Develop key performance indicators by which performance of Somaliland logistics department can be measured.
· Provide guidance and participate in rapid emergency logistics assessment missions in Somaliland and to ensure proper supervision and management of the warehouse.
· Ensure weekly and monthly logistics report (such as fleet and fuel management reports, inventory updates, warehouse reports etc.) are prepared and submitted to the Area Operations Coordinator and the Country Logistics and Procurement team as per the required/agreed timeframe.
· Supervise the logistics officers to ensure smooth running of the logistics function of the Somaliland offices
· Manage activities and work relating to procurement and supply i.e. following up on procurement plans, regular procurement tracking system.
· Ensure detailed procurement procedures is followed including specifications, quotes, ordering, packaging, storage and transportation of supplies.
· Liaise with the program and support focal point person to ensure timely processing of procurement requests and delivery of the same to the required destinations following the laid down procedures and donor regulations.
· Ensure proper understanding and adherence to donor and DRC rules and regulations by all the staff and that all procurement documents are timely completed and accurate supporting documentation are in place and appropriately filed.
· Provide technical support to ensure compliance with the approved processes in the area of vendor selection and bids analysis;
· Ensure good relationship with partner’s logistics sections
· Support coordinators and logistics on framework agreement engagement with the respective offices in Somaliland
· Supervise and build the capacity of the Procurement and logistics Officers to ensure smooth running of the procurement and logistics functions.
· Ensure that logistics officers carry out close inspection of Project items and materials delivered to the stores, to ensure that they are at the right quantity and quality and monthly stock updates is circulated throughout the staff.
· Manage DRC supply of stocks in order to permit the rapid movement of humanitarian supplies and to update and implement the warehouse management and commodity tracking system
· Ensure that program staff provides to the warehouse staff the details of when and where project item is needed and ensuring that they are delivered to the correct location safe and within agreed time frame and the process is documented.
· Identify alternative warehouse facilities in times of emergency or unforeseen reasons; using proper DRC procedures.
· Ensure proper scientific method of storage as per DRC guidelines have been followed.
· Follow up and support Coordinators and Area Operations Coordinator that staff follow procurement plan developed during kick start meeting and recommend revision of document when needed.
· Oversea that logistics conduct periodic stock checks and prepare periodic stock reports where defects and loses and captured and shared with the relevant authorities.
· Reads and has a clear understanding of the DRC Asset Management Manual and all related procedures; and capacitate the logistics on prober handling DRC assets and inventory.
· Oversee and ensure that asset register and asset movement documentation (asset loan and asset transfer) and records are filed appropriately and available in the area office.
· Ensure that the logistics keep proper filling and update of the inventory spread sheet so that it can be shared with donors and stakeholders.
· Ensure that DRC asset is properly and uniformly tagged and coded and that asset verification exercise takes place quarterly.
· Ensures that logistics assistants ensure to coordinate with the finance office in identifying all details of assets and file into the asset files; these documents include (the purchase documents, ledger reference, PO and GRN).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: August 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to drcjobs@DRCSOMALIA.ORGwith the subject heading “Supply Chain team Leader” not later thanSaturday21st July 2018 @04:30 PM EAT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)
READ MORE FROM THE SOURCE: Supply Chain Team Leader